“Implementation of the Quality Management System for the increase of CAES Piura organic panela production”
Funded by: National Agricultural Innovation Program – NAIP
The aim of this project was to improve the economic development of panela producers in the Piura region. Through the optimisation of the panela production process of CAES Piura. The purpose was to guarantee quality standards that would make it more competitive on the market.
- Creation of an internal administrative management system ensuring quality control of production and full traceability.
- Renewal of the Fair Trade label SPP, certifying that CAES Piura is an entity formed by small producers who work in a Fairtrade-friendly way.
- Involvement as an exhibitor at the “Internacional Expoalimentaria 2016” fair that took place in Lima.
- Participation as an exhibitor at the Promperu booth at BIOFACH 2017 held in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Switching from the association legal status to that of cooperative.
In summary, this is a 3-dimension project: productivity, with a traceability system; quality, with the obtaining of the Fair Trade label and market with participation in the various trade shows.